How Do You Choose Your Wedding Cake?
-Owner of Mad About Cakes.
-Specialising in Dietary Requirements Custom Cakes and Desserts.
-Designs unique and personalised cakes and desserts.
-Creating delicious items for weddings, corporate events and special occasions.
-Offering a huge range of desserts from cupcakes, cookies, cakepops, cake jars, meringues, macarons, chocolates and more!
-Providing services in Graphic Design, Custom Stationary, Prop Hire, Lolly & Dessert Buffets, Delivery , Edible Image Printing, Set-up and Styling.
-A huge range of never ending custom flavours for every dessert.
-One on one design consultation and tastings offered to brides and grooms.
Choosing your wedding cake should be a fun, creative, delicious and an enjoyable process, especially when you have selected the right supplier for the job! Mad About Cakes is a boutique bakery specialising in dietary requirement custom cakes and desserts. We absolutely love to collaborate with our clients to create something special and unique for their wedding day and our services go beyond creating cakes and desserts. We offer styling prop hire, stationary, graphic design, packaging options, delivery and set-up. Having been gluten intolerant for over ten years we know first hand how important it is to have dietary requirement desserts that not only look great but taste delicious. This is our speciality and we love catering for everybody including gluten free, dairy free and vegan cake and cupcakes plus our range of donuts, cookies, macarons, meringues, cakepops, cake jars and chocolates for any dietary requirement. All our cakes and desserts are custom designed to suit each couple and we love to push the design boundary and create something truly personal and memorable for their special day!
So the best place to start is to think about how big your cake should be. You need to consider:
– How many people are going to be at the wedding ?
– Do you want to cater a slice of cake for every person? Maybe you would like to use fake tiers to create height, you might like to have small coffee servings if you already have other desserts or you might just want a small cutting cake which is great for photos and to take home and enjoy later.
It is also great to consider whether you just want a cake or maybe you want to add in some delicious desserts?
– We always recommend a variety of flavour and dessert options to excite your guests.
– Check how many guests have dietary requirements. You may want to dedicate one tier of the cake to them or offer individual desserts.
Now the delicious part! Time to think about flavours!
– What are your favourite flavours?
– Do you want to capture the season? You might be having a summer wedding and like to include fresh and light flavours.
– Ensure to organise a tasting with your supplier with some of your ideas. At Mad About Cakes we offer private tastings or we can express post samples for your convenience. Now to get creative and design how your delicious wedding cake will look!
– Do you have a theme to your wedding ?
– Is there a particular setting you are having it in or can you draw inspiration from your invitations? Always collect reference images to show your supplier or create a pinterest board and like us, your supplier may be able to create custom sketches for you.
– Consider what type of cake style you like? Semi-Naked, buttercream, traditional, modern or novelty? Maybe you want a hybrid of all these styles!
– Would you like fresh flowers or handmade sugar flowers? Make sure your florist or cake supplier can provide extra flowers for your cake and ensure the cake supplier can arrange them on the cake for you.
– Do you want a custom cake topper? Double check your cake supplier can create acrylic toppers or make custom made sugar figurines. If not, ensure they can collaborate with another supplier that can. If done properly, these can be a super cute moment to keep from your wedding !
– Think about whether you might want to package any of your desserts to create gorgeous bonbonniere for your guest. Make sure your supplier has a variety of packaging options or can source them for you.
– Do you want to create a dessert table with your cake as a centrepieces? Ensure your supplier provides prop hire or a styling service or can collaborate with another supplier that does.
– Maybe you want something totally different and are after a macaron tower, dessert or lolly buffet, cupcake tower or donut tower! Ensure your supplier an create these options for you or can collaborate with somebody that can.
Always double check if your cake supplier can meet in person and if not consider phone, email or skype as a way of sending ideas. Also check your cake supplier can liaise with your venue and other suppliers to ensure a smooth setup on the day.
Finally, my absolutely biggest tip is to find someone who understands your wedding , you as a couple and you feel confident will deliver. This will ensure you have your dream wedding cake for your special day! Head on over to our website and view our range of galleries to start gathering ideas of what you might like for your gorgeous cake . Please also feel free to contact us if you have any questions at all :)
Flower & Fondant
Mad About Cakes
Style by Juno
So Fab Cakes
Colette's Catering & Events
Jeff Liu Photography
Mishelle Handy Cakes
Bells cakes-cakes for all occasions