Just like you switch up your closet as per the seasons, it is essential to change the skincare routine in accordance with the seasons. Your regular 3-step routine for skin care may not be a year-round deal. Transitioning of skincare routine according to the changing seasons helps you to protect your skin from the harsh environment changes. In winters, skin gets more dry and harsh as compared to the other seasons and needs more attention. Therefore, proper skin care routine is necessary to make it look more vibrant in winters.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON PROBLEMS YOU SEE IN WINTER?
In winters, the skin changes as the cold winds start to flow. The main and common problems that are usually seen in the season of winters are dryness and dehydration, and a feeling of skin roughness. The moisture that the skin has tended to be taken away by the indoors heating and the cold winds blowing outside simply makes the skin dry.
SKIN CARE TIPS FOR WINTERS:
There is nobody who loves to have the dry skin and feel the rough skin. For letting your skin feel great even in winters, here are some care tips that must be used for keeping your skin moist and great.
1. Keep moisture in the air
Our skin the barrier as it helps in keeping the water inside. But when it is dry and cold, the water moves to the surface and evaporates faster and easier. So, for the winters, it is suggested to drink a glass of water extra. Or for keeping the air in the indoors moist, humidifiers can help too.
2. Avoid hot showers and baths
The winters and cold water for bathing do not get well along. We know that many of you love to have baths with the scalding hot water. However, it is not good for your skin. It will be good if you tend to avoid the high water temperatures because it can dry out the skin and leave the skin in worse conditions.
3. Use beauty sleep hours
The winters are harsh and the blankets make the morning cozy, making us lazier and not letting us wake up easily. But remember that it is not good for your skin. Use the beauty sleep hours – seven to eight hours of sleep – if you care much about your skin and do not let it get dull.
4. Exfoliate less and avoid foam
Cleaners can be your enemies in winters even though they are your best friends normally. Switch out the foaming cleaners as they can cause irritation and strip good oils from your face unnecessarily from your face in winters.
5. Still, need SPF
Agreed that there is less UVB around in the winters, levels of UVA are still enough to age the skin. Hence, SPF!
– For doing so, it is better to upgrade the moisturizer.
– Swap your lotion to a cream and massage it onto the skin for 30 seconds to maximize the effects.
– Drink an extra glass of water with every meal.
– Swap the coffee with green tea as it has great antioxidant effects.
7. Consider professional skin treatments
You can also look for some professional skin treatments if your skin is getting affected really very much.
WHAT PRODUCTS SHOULD WE INCORPORATE INTO A WINTER SKIN CARE ROUTINE?
La Bride picked some popular skincare products that can be used to protect your skin from the winter effect.
– Kiehl’s Calendula & Aloe Soothing Hydration Mask
– Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizer Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30
– Aesop Face Cleanser
– AESOP Parsley Seed Anti-oxidant serum
– Curel Intensive Moisture Cream
– Lancôme Crème Mousse Confort
– Estee Lauder Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Creme
– Shiseido Bio-Performance Advanced Super Revitalizer Cream
– Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
– Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Face Cream
– OLAY Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Revitalizing Essence Water
With all the above skin care tips, you can let your skin be as soft as it was in all other seasons. The skin matters the most as it is the largest and seen organ of the body and needs the attention and time for taking care. If you have any problem regarding taking care of your skin in winters, the above tips are sure to help you greatly.