How to Keep my Makeup Fresh during my Wedding Day?
* Wedding & Bridal MakeUp Artist in Melbourne
* 15 years working in the makeup industry across Film, Fashion, Television and Bridal both here in Australia and overseas.
This is a great question and I find I tend to give the same tips to all my clients. I also got married myself this year so put them to the test and also picked up a few more ideas that may or may not work for some.
1. Depending on the weather for instance if its really hot I highly suggest a touch up powder and a good quality natural haired brush on stand by to lightly dust away the extra shine. Please make sure the powder colour is either translucent or the same colour as you face and body.
2. Lip stick or gloss should be kept fresh and reapplied at the fist sign of disappearing. Bridesmaids or friends can let you know through the day if you can’t keep checking.
3. DONT TOUCH YOUR FACE!!! HEHE Its the number one way for make up to come off quickly and not look as polished.
If you get an itch on your face, just dabb the area with your middle or ring finger till the itch goes, try not to wipe.
Hold mobile phone away from face
Try eat tiny bites or with a fork
if you need to blow your nose gently dabb nose area and if you know you cry a lot have a concealer stick on standby to touch up red areas.
Last but not least try and air kiss your guests when you can. I know its not always possible but this is what i learnt on my wedding day. After kissing hello only a few guests I started to feel a wet patch on my cheek so I honestly just started telling everyone “Air kiss Air kiss” with a smile and that worked for me.
Amy Chan Hair & Makeup Artistry
Emma McGill Makeup Artist
Makeup By Taryn
Yvette van Schie
Ethix makeup beauty & styling
Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman, LLC
Sherrie Warwick Hair and Makeup artist
Brides By Diana