Everything comes down to small little details in your wedding and luscious and full lips are what you want for your big day. Who would want to appear on the aisle with a dry, cracked and flaky lip? Besides feeling irritable, it looks totally unappealing as well when you’re wearing a bright shade of red lipstick. It wears out the colour pretty fast, leaving you with an unassuming look of bad lipstick. And when it comes to the time where they allowed you and your groom to exchange a kiss, sure you would want to serve a set of soft kissable lips! So here are some tips to get your lips just right for the day!
Waking up to dry lips means you need to moisturise them. Never put any foundation or concealer on cracked lips as this will make them crusty!
- Pamper your lips with more balm until its absolutely time to put your lipstick on.
- Exfoliate dead skin off your lips with a toothbrush gently. Be careful not to tear the skin. If tooth brush is not your thing, you can try a light lip balm mixed with bicarb soda, which makes a good scrub.
- Wipe your lips with a tissue before and add a little emollient lip balm just before your lipstick. Avoid using long lasting lipstick as this will cause further dryness to your lips.
Other extra tips to a full and luscious lip include:
- Keeping yourself hydrated. Water keeps your lip plump and sexy!
- Wear a lip balm that has a SPF. Make sure that whatever balm on your lips has NO alcohol in it. Some of the most popular lip products contain alcohol. Although your lips feel great after using them, but they are actually drying from the alcohol.
- Use lip lock and lip sealer to make the colour last longer
- A lip liner the same shade of your lipstick to stop colour from bleeding out
Find out more about bridal makeup…